The Asian Food Channel was co-founded by Singaporean, Hian Goh and Briton Maria Brown in 2005. In 2013, Scripps Network Interactive acquired AFC and included the channel into their wide portfolio of lifestyle brands.
Asian food at its best
The Asian Food Channel (AFC) is the premier and leading food and lifestyle broadcaster based in the heart of Asia. As the first food TV channel to broadcast pan-regionally in Asia, AFC provides a healthy mix of both Eastern and Western content in a variety of formats all day!
Launched in mid-2005 into multiple territories across the region, AFC offers viewers insights into the world's top tables, top chefs and tantalising cuisines from around the globe.
AFC has rolled out original productions such as the winner of the "Best Variety/Entertainment Award" at Festival Asia TV & Film on Journey 2012, "Great Dinners of the World", "36 Ways to Live" starring renowned Chef Emmanuel Stroobant, Asia's very first regional reality cooking show "E&O Search for AFC's Next Celebrity Chef", as well as a reality cooking show giving life-changing opportunities to underprivileged youths, "The Big Break". Tailoring programmes that appeal to AFC's diverse Asian audience is a top priority and AFC is confident that viewers in the market and across the world will appreciate its original content.
AFC's noteworthy accomplishments include:
- AFC currently broadcasts in 12 territories, including: Brunei, Cambodia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand.
- More than 1,600,000 Facebook fans on AFC's official Facebook page.
- AFC is able to produce high quality original content for both sponsors' needs and viewers' interests.
- One-stop channel for world-renowned food personalities including Anna Olson, Chuck Hughes, Daniel Boulud, Jamie Oliver, Kylie Kwong, Laura Calder, Martin Yan, Michael Smith and Nigella Lawson.
- AFC loves to reward viewers through on-air and online contests. A previous contest organized rewarded viewers and media with an all-expense paid trip to visit Martin Yan's Culinary Arts Center in Shenzhen, China.
- AFC has a great working relationship with both acquired and produced on-air talent. Through such relationships, AFC is able to bring in renowned chefs to tour regionally for celebrity chef events. Recent events include, "A Day Off with Chuck Hughes", "A Taste of Finland with Sara La Fountain", "Autumn Treasures with Martin Yan" and most recently "Aaron Craze: Rude Boy Cooks".
About Scripps Network Interactive
Scripps Networks International is the global development arm of Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. (NYSE: SNI) and the media lifestyle leader across the food, home and travel categories. Scripps Networks International operates Food Network and Travel Channel in Asia, the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), as well as the Asian Food Channel in Asia and Fine Living Network across EMEA. Scripps' international business also has a significant presence in Canada, which includes HGTV Canada, DIY Network Canada and Food Network Canada. The division's global offices are headquartered in New York City and Knoxville, Tennessee, with regional offices in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Scripps Networks Interactive is the leading developer of high-profile, lifestyle-oriented content for many media platforms including television, digital, mobile and publishing. Our media portfolio of popular lifestyle brands - HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country (GAC) - connect with viewers to provide relevant ideas, information and solutions every day, everywhere.