Asian Zucchini Noodles
A quick and easy 10 minute vegetarian recipe, chock-full of essential vitamins.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Prepare sauce
- In a mixing bowl, add 50 ml soy sauce, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 Tbsp sesame oil and sesame seeds. Stir well, then set aside.
Step 2 - Make noodles
- Using a mandolin, slice the zucchini into thin sheets, then slice again lengthwise to form long noodles about ½ cm wide. Set aside.
Never peel your zucchini! Most of its nutrients are packed in the dark green skin of this vegetable -in fact, the darker the green, the more nutrients it contains.
A good source of dietary fiber, zucchini helps with constipation.
Step 3 - Cook noodles
- In a pan on medium heat, add 2 Tbsp vegetable oil. When hot, add carrots and onions. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini noodles and sauce, then stir-fry for 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt, then remove from heat.
Plate and serve!