Chicken and Eggplant Green Curry
Whip up this traditional Thai-style curry with tender chicken and eggplant - best served with steamed white rice!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Blend the curry paste
- In a blender, add lemongrass slices, coriander seeds, chopped kaffir lime leaves, coriander leaves, green Thai chilies, galangal, chopped ginger, shallots, garlic, 5 black peppercorns, lime juice, palm sugar and 120 ml water and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Step 2 - Boil the curry paste with coconut milk
- In a pan, heat 60 ml coconut milk over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the green curry paste and slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add remaining coconut milk and return to a boil
Step 3 - Cook the chicken
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until the meat is no longer pink Substitute chicken with pork or prawns
Step 4 - Season and cook vegetables
- Add 4 Tbsp fish sauce, eggplants and green beans and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Plate and serve!
Transfer to serving bowl and serve hot.