Savor this quick and easy chicken curry noodles recipe by Ili Sulaiman from Home Cooked: Malaysia.
- 5 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Home Cooked: Malaysia
- ½ Chicken chopped into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons Curry powder
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Star anise
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 1 packet Coconut milk
- 1 litre Water
- 6 Shallots
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 centimetre Ginger
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- Tau Pok or Tofu
- Fish cakes
- 200 grams fresh Prawns, steamed and peeled
- 1 cup Bean sprouts
- 200 grams Yellow Noodles
- 200 grams Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- Sambal [Chilli Paste]
- Kalamansi lime
- Blitz together shallots, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- In a pot, add vegetable oil, cinnamon stick, curry leaves, fennel, cumin and star anise and fry for a few minutes before adding in blended items. Fry until fragrant for at least 5 minutes on a medium to high heat.
- Add curry powder and fry for another 5 minutes with some water, before adding in chicken. Stir to coat the chicken in the curry paste. Add 2 cups of water if chicken starts sticking to the bottom of the pan or if the curry is thickening up
- Once chicken is cooked, add the fish cakes and coconut milk with another 3 cups of water. Sprinkle in salt and a dash of sugar and taste.
- Bring curry to a small simmer and add taupok/tofu
- In a bowl, add half yellow noodles and half rice vermicelli noodles. Place Bean Sproutss on top and scoop curry onto noodles with some chicken, fish cakes, steamed prawns and taupok/tofu
- Serve with sambal and kalamansi lime
Share it with your friends.