Steamed Mussels In Riesling Broth
Ease of Cooking: Easy
Yields: 4 Servings
- 2 cups of Riesling or other white wine
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 2 onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 5 lb of mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- Put wine, mustard, onions and garlic into a large pot. Add mussels last.
- Place over high heat and cover with a tight fitting lid. Steam until mussels have opened, about five minutes
- Separate mussels from shells, discard shells, and strain broth into a clean pot. Discard any un-opened mussels.
- Reheat broth and add mussel meat back in.
- When they have heated through, add 2 cups of baby spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve in wide bowls with crispy whole grain dippers.