Grapefruit And Orange Terrine
Ease of Cooking: Easy
Yields: 12 servings
- 6 pink grapefruits
- 8 oranges
- 4 envelopes gelatine
- 1 1/2 cups/325ml citrus juice (from above fruits)
- 1 cup/250ml sweet white wine
- 1 cup/190 g sugar
- Peel and section the fruit into a bowl, squeezing out all of the juice. Measure out 3/4 cup/175 ml of juice and put it in a saucepan with the wine.
- Add the sugar and heat to dissolve. Pour 1/4 cup/60ml off into a bowl and soften the gelatine in it for one minute.
- Return it to the pan. Stir to dissolve, and boil 2 minutes. Cool completely.
- Line a 1-quart/1-litre terrine or glass loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving enough overhang to cover the terrine afterwards.
- Arrange the fruit decorative in the terrine.
- Pour the liquid over. Chill terrine, covered, until firm, at least 4 hours, and up to 2 days.
- Garnish with mint sprigs or candied orange zest.