French Fries With Caesar Dressing
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) 2% milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- dash Worschestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 6 cups (1.5 liters) vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
For dressingFor fries
- Whisk mayonnaise, milk, mustard and garlic.
- Stir in lemon juice and Worschestershire (lemon juice will thicken the dressing). Stir in parmesan, season and chill until ready to use.
- Cut potatoes (peeled or unpeeled) into fries 1/2-inch (15 mm) in diameter and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in a deep pot to 350°F (180°C). Add half the potatoes and cook until tender, about 5 minutes - the fries will not brown at this pint.
- Remove fries with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel-lined tray and repeat with other half. Fries at this point can be chilled until ready to cook and serve.
- For second cooking, heat oil to 375°F(190°C). Add half the fries and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon, let drain on paper towel for a moment, then toss in a bowl with a drizzle of Caesar dressing, salt and pepper.
- Repeat with remaining fries and serve immediately.
Tags: dairy , vegetables