The Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in peanut butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to peanut butter mixture and blend in.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and crisscross mark them with a floured fork.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until cookies just start to colour around the edges.
Tags: dessert , dairy