- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 tbsp whipping cream or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F and butter and line the bottom of a 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, salt, cornmeal and icing sugar. Cut in butter until the texture of coarse meal (dough will be crumbly).
- Press dough into pan and bake for 15-18 minutes, until it just begins to colour around the edges. Allow to cool.
- Whisk together all ingredients for filling until smooth and pour over crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and a crust is visible on top of the squares.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes, then chill for at least 2 hours.
- Cut squares and serve, dusted with icing sugar.
Tags: dairy , fruits