Get this traditional Peranakan recipe by Ann Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- 10 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 2 - 4
As seen on Family Kitchen with Sherson
- ½ kilogram Potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 1 Chicken (approx. 1.2kg) and cut into small pieces
- 150 grams Shallot (finely chopped or blend)
- 100 grams Garlic (finely chopped or blend)
- 1 cup Oil
- 100 grams minced Salted Bean Paste (taucu)
- 30 grams authentic Gula Melaka [Palm Sugar]
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soya Sauce
- Heat up the wok 10 minutes prior to cooking
- Sauté shallot and garlic with oil until fragrant, for about 12-15 minutes
- Add salted bean paste and continue to stir for another 1 to 2 minutes on low heat
- Add Gula Melaka [Palm Sugar] and stir for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken and potatoes together and stir for a few more minutes
- Add sufficient water, stir well to make sure the gravy is not too thick or watery
- Bring to a boil and continue simmering until the potatoes and chicken are tender and cooked, approx. 15 to 20 minutes
- Lastly, add in dark soya sauce and leave it simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes
Share it with your friends.