Fish Ball Noodle Soup
Try this classic noodle soup recipe by Ann Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- 15 minutes
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 - 2
As seen on Family Kitchen with Sherson
- 1 Mackerel fish (tenggiri bunga) (approx. ½ kg)
- 40 grams Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 Egg
- 60 millilitres Water
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 dashes Sugar
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper Powder
- 3 Yellow Onion
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Coriander Root
- 1½ tablespoons Preserved Cabbage
- 20 grams Bean Sprout
- 30 grams Baby Spinach
- Glass Noodles
- Crush the ginger and put into the 60ml water to allow the ginger to release its flavour
- Debone the fish by slicing the fish horizontally from the tail to the head twice to separate its flesh and bone. Keep the bone for stock later
- Scrap the flesh from the fish and put in a bowl.
- Add the salt, sugar and white pepper powder and ginger water and stir well
- Use your bare hands to knead the flesh until it forms a paste (for about 10 to 15 minutes)
- Toss the paste up and down vigorously several times to give the paste a springy texture
- Add the egg and corn starch and mix the paste well.
- Toss again a few times
- Heat up the oil in the wok until its ready for high heat frying
- Grab small amount of the paste each time on your palm
- Gently squeeze out the paste through the thumb and index finger to form a ball and scoop with a metal spoon and fry them in the oil until its golden brown.
- For the stock, in a large stock pot, add in approx. 4 litres water, yellow onion, celery, carrot, coriander root and the fish bone and boil for at least 90 minutes.
- Scoop out 2-3 ladles of stock, add in preserve cabbage.
- On an empty bowl, add in glass noodle, bean sprout and baby spinach. Scald the noodle a couple of times. Lastly, add in as many fish ball as you desire into the bowl
Share it with your friends.