Good Fortune Prawns
Savor this quick and easy Malaysian-inspired recipe from Martin Yan's Asian Favorites.
- 15 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Martin Yan's Asian Favorites
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 headless Prawns with shell
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons White pepper
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 1 Shallot, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- Mince garlic in a food processor then, pan fry half the garlic until fragrant and set aside
- Use scissors to remove legs from prawns. Slice open each prawn lengthwise from the belly side, leaving the back and shell intact. Flatten each prawn and lay it on a heatproof dish
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the garlic with salt, white pepper, sugar and fish sauce.
- Sprinkle the garlic mixture evenly on each prawn and place dish in a microwave on the upper shelf to cook
- Once cooked, garnish with shallot, cilantro and soy sauce
Share it with your friends.