Grilled Tilapia with Potato Gnocchi
Dig into this quick and easy Malaysian seafood recipe by Sherson Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- 60 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 3 servings
As seen on Family Kitchen with Sherson
- 2 Tilapia Fillet
- 2 inches Ginger
- 4 Garlic
- Coriander Roots
- 1 tablespoon Homemade fish curry powder (refer ep 6)
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 2 Russet Potato
- 5 cloves Garlic (roasted, pureed)
- ⅓ cup Plain Flour
- 2 tablespoons Rice Flour
- 2 Egg Yolk
- 3 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 sprig Thyme
- 1 whole Garlic (roasted)
- Homemade Fish Curry Powder (showed in ep Spices)
- Coriander Seeds (Malli) - 1 cup
- Cumin Seeds (Jeerakam) - 1.5 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- Dry Red Chilli - 15 to 20
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Curry leaves a handful
- Oil - few drops for roasting chillies
- Pound the garlic, ginger and coriander root with some salt, when becomes a paste add in some oil, curry powder and the Chilli powder.
- Spread the paste over the fish with a brush. And leave to marinate.
- Wash and clean the potatoes. Poke some holes in them. Place them in a 180 degrees oven and bake till its fork tender.
- Remove skin and mash with a fork. Set aside to allow all the steam evaporate. Place all the ingredients into a mixer except the thyme and let it mix away. Adding a little more plain flour if necessary.
- Dough should come off the bowl and not stick. Remove and continue to kneed for about 3-4 mins.
- Roll them into a sausage like shape, using a knife cut them into 2inch pillows.
- In a boiling pot of water seasoned with salt boil the gnocchi till they float and it’s cooked.
- Remove and shock in ice water. Strain and dry them nicely on a kitchen towel.
- Heat up the remaining butter in a nonstick pan. Add in the butter and thyme, allow the butter to brown.
- Add in the gnocchi, sear them until nice and brown and forms a nice crust.
- Ladle in some of the water used to boil the gnocchi, and shave some parmesan cheese to coat the gnocchi. Season and serve.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, place fish on a grilling rack and into the oven.
- Grill for about 7-9 minutes depending on the size of the fillet.
Share it with your friends.