Try this lamb lasagne recipe.
- 10 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 8 servings
As seen on Cooking for Love
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 5 Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 big Carrots (finely chopped)
- 2 Celery stalks (finely chopped)
- 5 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 kilogram minced Lamb
- 1 cup Red wine
- 2 cans peeled whole Plum tomatoes
- ¼ cup Tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons Salt
- 4 tablespoons Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 2½ cups Milk (heated)
- 1 pack Lasagne sheets
- 1 cup Gouda cheese (cubed)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- To make the ragu, sauté vegetables in olive oil until softened and translucent, then add garlic.
- Add lamb, and sauté further, until slightly brown.
- Deglaze with red wine, and boil for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, bring to a boil and simmer for 4 hours until soft and tender.
- Season with salt, pepper and honey. Set aside.
- To make the béchamel sauce, melt butter in a pot. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer ragu, béchamel, cheese cubes and lasagne sheets until lasagna dish is full.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes until golden brown.
Share it with your friends.