Also known as ‘adobong pusit’ in Tagalog, this Filipino squid dish is braised for a tender texture!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Marinate squid
- In a large mixing bowl, add squid, 130 ml soy sauce, 40 ml oyster sauce, and 1 Tbsp black pepper. Mix well, and set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Drain squid, reserving the marinade and keeping aside.
Use small to medium sized squids as they are more flavorful compared to the large ones.
Step 2 - Cook vegetables and squid
- In a pan on medium heat, add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil. When hot, add garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute, or until fragrant, then add tomatoes, reserved marinade and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until greatly reduced.
- Add marinated squid and cook for 3-5 minutes, then remove from heat.
Plate and serve!
Serve hot with rice.