Asian Hotdogs with Achar
- Cut cucumber and carrots into thin strips of 2-inch length.
- Sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 15 mins. Drain the excess water.
- In a food blender, blend onions, garlic, ginger, candlenuts and chilli to form a smooth spice paste.
- In a saucepot, over medium heat, add cooking oil.
- Add spice paste mixture and leave to cook till fragrant.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, sugar, vinegar and lime juice. Stir well. Turn heat off.
- Place all spice paste to the cucumber and carrots.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds. Mix well.
- Place cooked sausage in a hot dog bun. Add generous amount of achar. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Chicken sausage can be replaced with beef sausage.
Instead of candlenut, you can also use peanuts or cashews.