Ayam Bumbu Gurih
This Indonesian roasted chicken is grilled with aromatic spices, guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Marinate the chicken
- In a blender, add garlic, galangal, ginger, lemongrass, turmeric, 6 shallots, lime leaves, candlenuts, tamarind juice, coriander seeds and butter. Blend until the ingredients come together into a rough paste. Season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Take â of the marinade and marinate chicken. Set aside for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
Step 2 - Grill the chicken
- Place the chicken on a preheated grill for about 8 minutes on each side.
- Add 3 Tbsp kecap manis to the remaining mixture and use a brush to spread over the chicken while it is grilling to baste. Before grilling your chicken, spray the rack with nonstick cooking spray or brush it with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking
Step 3 - Make the sambal
- Using a blender, pulse the red chilies, 5 shallots, fresh tomatoes, limes, Thai basil and 2 Tbsp sugar, until roughly combined. Set aside.
Plate and serve!
Remove chicken from grill and serve with sambal.