with Cheese Foam
Here’s a fusion of everyone’s favorite Southeast Asian ‘kopitiam’ (or ‘coffeeshop’) drink of rose syrup and evaporated milk, and the popular cheese foam topping!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Whip batters then combine cheese foam
- In a bowl, add cream, 2 tsp salt and 50 g sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add cream cheese and whip until smooth. Set aside.
- Using a spatula, gently fold cream mix into the cream cheese mix and stir until evenly combined. Set aside.
Step 2 - Assemble bandung
- In a tall glass, pour in rose syrup, then top with crushed ice.
- Slowly add water, then drizzle with evaporated milk.
- Spoon or pipe cheese foam over the bandung. Some recommend stirring the cheese foam into the bandung before sipping from a straw, and others sipping straight from the cup -to taste the complex, layered flavors of bandung and cream cheese.