Basil Stir Fried Tofu
Fried tofu scattered amongst minced, golden glazed chicken with the comforting, aromatic fragrance of basil.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Fry tau kwa and cut into small cubes
- In a pan on medium-high heat, heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and fry both sides of tau kwa until browned and remove from pan. Cut to small cubes and set aside.
Step 2 - Sauté garlic and ginger
- In the same pan, heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
Step 3 - Fry chicken, capsicum and tau kwa
- In the same pan on medium heat, add in minced chicken, green capsicum, large red chili and fried cubed tofu for 3 to 5 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
Step 4 - Season
- Season dish with 3 Tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp black vinegar and 2 tsp sugar. Mix well until well combined.
Step 5- Add century eggs and basil leaves
- Add in century eggs and basil leaves to the pan and gently toss until well mixed. Remove from heat.
Plate and serve!
Transfer basil stir-fried tofu onto serving dish and serve hot.