Pan Fried Beef Rice Noodles
Nothing beats perfectly seasoned homemade pan-fried beef rice noodles!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Marinate beef
- In a bowl, mix 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp oyster sauce, 2 minced garlic cloves, ½ tsp black pepper, 1 tsp vegetable oil, 2 tsp cornstarch with beef slices.
- Ensure beef is evenly coated and let it marinate for 20 minutes. You can use sirloin and tenderloin instead of ribeye. You may substitute beef with chicken thigh too
Step 2 - Grind spice paste
- In a mortar, use a pestle to pound 3 garlic cloves, ginger, shallots and chili padi until it becomes a paste. Adjust the spiciness level of this dish by adding or removing the amount of chili padi.
Step 3 - Cook spice paste and add beef slices
- In a pan on medium-high heat, heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil with the spice paste until fragrant.
- Once fragrant, toss in marinated beef slices for 3 to 4 minutes, until beef is ¾ cooked.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
Step 4 - Add vegetables and seasoning
- In the same pan, toss in large chili, straw mushroom, baby corns, palm sugar, fish sauce and oyster sauce.
- Mix well and fry for 5 minutes, until baby corns are cooked.
Step 5 - Fry noodles and beef
Add in kai lan, flat rice noodles and cooking caramel. Mix well and fry for 30 seconds.You may substitute with other types of noodles.
Add in seared beef and holy basil.
Fry for 1 minute, until noodles are cooked.
Season to taste with black pepper and toss well.
Garnish and serve!
Serve on serving plate or bowl and garnish with additional fresh holy basil.