Often eaten as a dessert or afternoon snack, this sweet and sticky Filipino delight with will be the perfect treat for you!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Cook glutinous rice in coconut milk and water
- In a jug, mix 50 ml coconut milk and 360 ml water.
- Pour diluted coconut milk into a pot on medium heat and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add glutinous rice to the pot and let it cook for 5 minutes. Glutinous rice is crucial for this recipe as it is sticky and helps to gel everything together
Step 2 - Make latik and brown sugar mixture
- In a separate pot on medium heat, simmer 150 ml coconut milk for 30 minutes until it is brown and crumbly. Drain on paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- In another separate pot, mix 150 ml coconut milk and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and mix until sugar melts.
- Preheat oven to 140°C.
Step 3 -Pour glutinous rice and brown sugar mixture into cake pan and bake
- In a 10 inch round cake pan, pour in glutinous rice and pour over brown sugar mixture over the glutinous rice.
- Let it bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Once cooked, let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing into cubes.
Let's plate and serve!
Transfer biko into serving plate or dish and top it off with latik. Serve at room temperature.