Black Pepper Chicken Stir Fry
This sweet but spicy dish is incredibly aromatic, due to the black pepper used. This Chinese-style dish is a great addition to your dinner table!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Pound peppercorns
- In a pan, toast white and black peppercorns for 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- In a mortar and pestle, add toasted peppercorns and pound for 2 minutes. Set aside.
Step 2 - Cook dish
- In a pan on medium-high heat, add 3 Tbsp vegetable oil. When hot, add capsicum, green chili and onions. Fry for 30 seconds, then add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 3 Tbsp oyster sauce, 2 Tbsp light soy sauce, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 Tbsp sesame oil, 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce and butter. Stir and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 Tbsp cornstarch and 2 Tbsp water together, then add into the pan. Stir for another minute, then remove from heat.
Plate and serve!