in Oyster Sauce
Cook this classic home dish and enjoy the home-cooked goodness once again!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1- Fry chicken
- In a pot, heat up 1 Tbsp oil and fry onion, sliced spring onion (only the white part) and ginger for 3 minutes on high heat.
- Add 12 chicken drumettes or mid-joint wings to pot and fry for 3 to 4 minutes until it browns.
Step 2 - Add liquid to the chicken
- Add 2 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine. Add 500 ml water, 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tsp soy sauce, 2 Tbsp oyster sauce and 1 tsp sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the chicken starts to fall off the bone.
- Add cornstarch solution to thicken sauce.
- When the sauce has thickened, take off the heat. Braising enhances the flavor of the food, and keeps tough cuts of meat tender.
Garnish and Serve!
Garnish with 1 tsp of remaining spring onions and serve hot.