with Dark Soy Sauce and Mushrooms
Here’s a simple Chinese recipe featuring chicken braised in dark soy sauce and mushrooms.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Fry chicken with ginger
- In a pot on medium heat, add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and 1 Tbsp sesame oil.
- When hot, add ginger, minced garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Increase to high heat, add chicken and fry for 5 minutes.
Step 2 - Simmer chicken
- Add drained Chinese mushrooms (reserving the water), Chinese cooking wine, 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce, 2 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp sugar. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups water that was drained from the Chinese mushrooms into the pot.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, cover the wok, and simmer on low heat for 45 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and add more water if you like the dish to be less dry.
Braising enhances the flavor of the food, and keeps tough cuts of meat tender.
Plate and Serve!