Soft pandan jelly cubes, drowned in a sweet, creamy sauce with tender sago. This popular Filipino dessert is a must-try!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Boil sago seeds and drain
- In a small pot on high heat, fill halfway through with water and pour in sago seeds. Bring to a boil and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, strain and cool sago seeds under running water. Set aside.
Step 2 - Make pandan jelly
- In a separate medium sized pot, mix 500 ml water, knotted pandan leaves, 2 tsp pandan paste and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in softened gelatine sheets and mix well until gelatine sheets has dissolved.
- Pour pandan mixture into a metal tray and let it set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Step 3 - Make milk mixture
- In a bowl, mix full cream, evaporated milk and condensed milk until well combined.
- Add cooked sago seeds and coconut flesh into the bowl and mix well. Set aside in refrigerator.
Step 4 - Slice pandan jelly and serve
- Once pandan jelly sets, slice it into 1-cm cubes.
- Pour pandan jelly cubes into milk mixture and stir well.
- Transfer buko pandan into serving glasses and serve cold.
Top off with nata de coco or vanilla ice cream for additional flavor and texture
Let's chill and serve!
Chill and serve!