Fancy trying something new? Devour this sweet yet savory fried chicken!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Marinate chicken
- In a bowl, mix chicken cubes, ½ Tbsp salt, 1 Tbsp white pepper, 1 Tbsp vinegar until evenly coated. Set aside to marinate for an hour.
- After marinating, crack egg into the chicken mixture and mix well.
Step 2 - Mix flour together
- In separate bowl, combine ¼ cup corn flour with ¼ cup rice flour.
- Dip the marinated chicken pieces into flour mixture until coated and dust off any excess flour
Step 3 - Fry chicken
In a deep pan on high heat, heat up enough oil for frying chicken.
Fry chicken for 3 to 4 minutes until cooked and golden brown on all sides.
Step 4 - Fry butter, garlic and chili padi
- In a separate pan on medium-high heat, fry 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, chopped garlic and chopped chili padi for 1 minute until fragrant. You can adjust the spiciness level of this dish by adding or removing the amount of chili padi, or just chop chili padi into smaller pieces
Step 5 - Make buttermilk sauce and cook chicken
- Add curry leaves and fry until fragrant before adding 1 cup evaporated milk and ¼ cup condensed milk. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Mix 1 Tbsp cornstarch with 1 Tbsp water in a cup before pouring into pan. Stir well until sauce thickens.
- When sauce thickens, remove from heat and add fried chicken to the pan. Mix thoroughly.
Plate and serve!
Transfer buttermilk chicken to serving plate and serve hot.