Caramel Soy Glazed Ribs
These succulent, juicy ribs are infused with soy and caramel goodness. Forget about barbeque ribs - these will be the new hot favorite!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Cook marinade
- In a pan on low heat, add sugar and caramelise, taking care not to stir. In a large deep pan or wok over a medium high heat, add in sugar and 200 ml water.
- Let it cook for 5-7 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally until you are left with a light gold color. Do not stir!
- Add 6 Tbsp light soy sauce and 2 Tbsp sesame oil and swirl the pan to combine.
- Add sliced ginger and chopped garlic, and swirl to combine. Set aside.
Step 2 - Toast sesame seeds
- In a separate pan on medium heat, add sesame seeds and toast for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
Step 3 - Marinate and bake pork ribs
In a deep dish, add pork ribs, then pour marinade over the ribs. Place ginger and garlic on top of the ribs and leave to marinate for 20 minutes (minimum 4 hours for best results).Add more flavor and save time by marinating the ribs the night before
Spread a large sheet of aluminum foil over a baking tray.
Transfer ribs onto the aluminum sheet, then rub 2 Tbsp marinade from the dish over the ribs, once again placing ginger and garlic on top of the ribs. Seal tightly.
Bake for 1 hour.
Step 4 - Glaze ribs
- After 1 hour, remove ribs from oven, unwrap and baste with remaining marinade. Put it back in the oven for 3 minutes, then baste again. Repeat 2-3 times. To baste, use a brush to pick up marinade and brush over the meat. This technique is ideal to achieve even cooking, and a glazed texture
Garnish and serve!
Garnish with sesame seeds and serve hot