Indulge in a rich Filipino rice porridge with the flavors of bitter dark chocolate - perfect for a tea time snack!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Cook glutinous rice with water and dark chocolate
- In a pot on high heat, add glutinous rice and 1 L water.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add dark chocolate, 3 Tbsp brown sugar and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix well until chocolate melts.
- Let it cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
To enhance flavor of the chocolate, add 1 Tbsp cocoa powder.
Step 2 - Melt white chocolate with milk
- In a separate small pot, fill ½ of the pot with water.
- Place metal mixing bowl over the pot to create a double boiler.
- Add white chocolate and milk to the metal mixing bowl.
- Mix well for 5 minutes until white chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 3 - Dry fry ikan bilis
- In pan on medium-high heat, dry fry ikan bilis for 2 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
Pair it with bananas or fruits of your choice for a sweeter touch.
Garnish and serve!
Transfer champorado into serving bowl or dish and drizzle over white chocolate mixture. Garnish with ikan bilis and serve hot.