Cheesy Bolognese Baked Rice
- Cook the rice by combining the rinsed uncooked Sao Hai Rice and water in a rice cooker and set to cook.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on a medium-high heat.
- Saute the onions, garlic and carrots until softened. Add the tomato paste and minced beef, breaking up the meat while frying.
- When the meat has browned slightly, add the chopped tomatoes and beef stock. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 1 hour. Season to taste. You can make the bolognese sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- When the sauce has cooled, stir the cooked rice, halved cherry tomatoes and bolognese sauce together. Season to taste again, then spoon it into a baking dish.
- Top the rice with the shredded mozzarella cheese, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling. Serve immediately!