This Filipino-style grilled chicken is traditionally made with lime, pepper, vinegar. Savour this easy recipe!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Marinate chicken
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken, lemon juice, minced garlic, minced ginger, lemongrass and 1 Tbsp brown sugar, along with vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well, then set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
Step 2 - Melt margarine
- In the pot on medium heat, add 3 Tbsp margarine, and melt.
- Once fully melted, add ½ tsp nutmeg and 1 Tbsp turmeric, and stir to mix well. Set aside.
Step 3 - Baste and bake chicken
- Remove the chicken from marinade and lay on top of a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Score the chicken with shallow cuts.
- Using a brush, baste the chicken with the margarine mix.
- Bake at 200°C for 8 minutes. Quickly baste the chicken again, bake for another 5 minutes and repeat once.
Enjoy chicken inasal with a dipping sauce of vinegar, chili padi (bird’s eye chili) and small splash of light soy sauce
Let's plate and serve!
Remove from heat and serve hot!