with Salted Caramel Drizzle
Moist, gooey and fudgy, brownies are always a delight! Here’s how to make everyone’s favorite chocolate treat, along with a decadent salted caramel sauce.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Preheat oven and melt chocolate with butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bain-marie/steam bath, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir to combine. Set aside. Using bain-marie, or steam bath, ie a metal mixing bowl on top of a pot of boiling water, is a quick and easy way to melt chocolate without it burning. The gentle, constant heat from the steam from the boiling water ensures even heat.
Step 2 - Mix brownie batter
- In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk or electric mixer, whisk eggs and 350 g sugar together in a mixing bowl until sugar has dissolved and mixture turns a pale yellow color.
- Add melted butter and chocolate into the egg and sugar mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, 1 tsp salt into the mixing bowl. Fold to combine.
Step 3 - Bake brownies
- Pour mixture into a 9 inch baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
Step 4 - Cook salted caramel drizzle
- While the brownies are in the oven, make the salted caramel drizzle. Add 500 g sugar (do not stir!) in a pot on medium heat until bubbling, then add butter.
- Once the butter starts melting, stir and add warm cream to the pot, continue stirring until well combined.
- Season with 1 Tbsp salt, and set aside to cool to room temperature. Brownies without chocolate are called blondies!
Drizzle and serve!
Once cooled, remove brownies from tray and cut into 16 squares. To serve, top a brownie with ice cream, drizzle caramel sauce, and finish with a fanned strawberry.