Chocolate Ondeh Ondeh
Great for chocolate lovers. This dessert is a twist to local ondeh ondeh favourites. Easy and fun to make.
- Boil water in a medium size pot.
- In a bowl, mix glutinous rice flour, tapioca starch, cocoa powder and pinch of salt. Stir well to combine.
- Add water little by little. Using your hands, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Pinch a little dough mixture, roll it and flatten slightly on your palm. Using your thumb, make a little hole in the middle.
- Add chocolate chips to the dough and roll it gently to form a ball.
- Place rolled dough into hot water. Leave to cook until it floats up.
- Using a fine strainer, gently scoop the chocolate balls.
- Place it on a plate till cool. Try not to place it close together as chocolate balls will stick together.
Do not overcrowd the pot when boiling the chocolate ondeh ondeh. Leave to cool completely before rolling it onto the chocolate rice.
- Roll cooled chocolate balls on the chocolate rice.
- Serve immediately.