Chocolate Pancakes with Caramelized Bananas
- In a large bowl, whisk the self-raising flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt. Set aside.
- In a jug, whisk together the eggs, melted butter, buttermilk, and milk. Set aside.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk lightly, until just combined. Set the batter aside while you prepare the bananas.
- In a saucepan, combine the bananas, 1 tablespoon butter, maple syrup or honey and hot water, and bring to a boil, then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat up a griddle pan on medium-high heat, and brush with some oil. Ladle a little pancake batter onto the pan. Once bubbles appear on the top side, flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Set aside while you repeat the process.
- Top the pancakes with caramelized bananas and serve!
Ensuring that ingredients are at room temperatures allows everything to blend together nicely.