Chopped Pork & Prawn Egg Wraps
Wow your guest with this intricate Thai egg wrap, pleasing to the eye and extremely delicious!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Make ground paste
- With a mortar and pestle, pound coriander roots, garlic, white peppercorns and 1 Tbsp vegetable oil until it forms a thick paste. Set aside.
Step 2 - Prepare meat mixture
- In a bowl, mix chopped pork, chopped prawns and chopped onions together.
Step 3 - Fry meat mixture with ground paste
- In a pan on high heat, fry ground paste for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add meat mixture, palm sugar, 1 Tbsp fish sauce and chopped peanuts to the pan.
- Mix well and fry for 5 minutes, until meat is cooked. Set aside.
Step 4 - Prepare eggs
- Lightly beat eggs and strain into a cup.
- Pour eggs into a squeeze bottle and set aside. Straining eggs will help to remove lumps of egg white, leaving you with a smooth egg mixture to form the egg nets easily.
Step 5 - Fry egg into nets
- In a non-stick crepe pan, lightly brush pan with oil and remove excess oil with a paper towel if needed.
- Drizzle egg onto the hot crepe pan to form a net pattern.
- Flip the net to let it cook and transfer the cooked egg net onto the plate.
- Repeat until all egg nets have been cooked. You can use a funnel with a small tip instead of a squeeze bottle to form the egg nets.
Step 6 - Wrap the meat filling with egg nets
- Take one layer of egg net, lay a thin layer of sliced large red chili, coriander leaves followed by meat fillings.
- Fold the sides into the center to create a square pillow and repeat. Garnish with slices of red chili and coriander leaves.
Plate and Serve!
Place egg wraps onto serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves and sliced large red chili. Serve hot.