Claypot Roasted Chicken and Mushrooms
Enjoy this comforting meal of tender, juicy chicken on a bed of fragrant rice with succulent mushrooms!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Preheat oven
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
Step 2 - Make soy sauce mixture
- In a small bowl, whisk the 3 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp white sugar, 1 Tbsp oyster sauce, ¾ Tbsp sesame oil, minced garlic and ½ tsp black pepper together and set aside.
Step 3 - Preparing claypot rice
- In a baking dish or claypot, stir rice, chicken stock, ginger and 2 sliced spring onion.
- Place the chicken pieces on top evenly. Set aside. If using a claypot, soak it in water for an hour before using to prevent it from cracking in the oven.
Step 4 - Sauté mushroom
- In a pan, heat butter over medium-high heat and sauté mushrooms for 5 to 7 mins or until tender.
- Pour in soy sauce mixture, stir and immediately remove the pan from the heat. To prevent butter from burning in pan, fry the butter with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, which has a higher smoking point.
Step 5 - Bake chicken
- Spoon the mushrooms over the chicken.
- Cover the claypot with lid or wrap the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
Garnish and Serve!
Remove from oven and garnish with 1 sliced spring onions and large red chili slices. Serve immediately.