Devour this chewy and sweet coconut candy that will be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Roast cashew nuts in ghee
- In a pan on medium heat, melt ghee and add cashew nuts. Let it fry for 3 to 5 minutes, until cashew nuts are browned. Drain cashew nuts and discard ghee.
- Roughly chop cashew nuts and set aside.
Step 2 - Toast desiccated coconut
- In a separate dry pan, dry fry desiccated coconut. Keep stirring and let it fry for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
Step 3 - Make coconut candy
- In the same pan on medium-low heat, melt 1 ½ cup white sugar with ½ cup water until sugar dissolves.
- Once sugar is dissolved, mix in grated coconut, milk and cardamom powder. Let it cook, constantly stirring, for another 5 minutes.
Step 4 - Mix cashew nuts in coconut candy and place into mould
- Mix in cashew nuts until evenly combined.
- Tightly pack coconut candy into a rectangular dish or mold of your choice with a spatula until firm.
For easy removal of coconut candy from the mould, line it with cling wrap before packing it in.
- Wrap dish in cling wrap and let it set in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 5 - Slice coconut candy into cubes
- Remove coconut candy from dish and slice into cubes.
Store coconut candy in an airtight container in the refrigerator and it will stay fresh for 1 week.
Plate and serve!
Place onto serving dish and serve chilled.