Instead of featuring in your morning breakfast, cornflakes become the star of the show in this buttery, crunchy cookie recipe.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Prepare ingredients and equipment
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Crush half the cornflakes into small pieces.
- Crush the remaining cornflakes lightly, into larger chunks.
Step 2 - Make the batter
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, salt and sugar together until slightly fluffy. Beat in the egg until combined, then mix in the flour and smaller crushed cornflakes.
Instead of rolling the cookies in whole cornflakes, you can crush them for a more even coating of cornflakes.
Step 3 - Shape the cookies
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon portions from the dough and roll into balls. Dip each ball into a bowl with the remaining cornflakes and press into the dough.
Step 4 - Bake the Cookies
- Place the cookies down on the baking trays, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
Let's plate and serve!