Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Need a quick dinner under half an hour? This rich, creamy pasta, brimming with mushroom-y goodness, is easy to throw together.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Boil pasta
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, boil pasta according to packet instructions.
Step 2 - Cook pasta sauce
- In a pan on medium heat, add 2 Tbsp vegetable oil.
- When hot, add garlic and shallots.
- Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add mushrooms. Season with salt and stir well for 1 minute.
- Add white wine and stir. When ¾ reduced, add cream, parmesan and pecorino. Bring to a boil.
Pair cream-based pastas with some prosecco or champagne to cut through the creaminess. Even a chardonnay works
Step 3 - Cook pasta
- Add boiled pasta and mix until well coated. Add thyme and parsley, and season to taste with black pepper and salt. Mix well, then remove from heat.
Garnish and serve!
Garnish with parsley and serve hot!