with Coconut Milk
This one-pot wonder featuring coconut milk adds richness and a lovely aroma to this delicious curry chicken.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Blend chili paste
- Blend together large red chilies, dried chilies, shallots, garlic, candlenuts, lemongrass, ginger, turmeric, 3 kaffir lime leaves and chili padi until it forms a smooth paste.
- If mixture is too dry, you can use vegetable oil to help you achieve a smooth consistency.
Step 2 - Fry chili paste
- In a pan on medium heat, fry paste for 5 minutes.
Step 3 - Cook the chicken
- Add in chicken, 50 ml coconut milk, 2 cups water and turmeric leaves.
- Stir mix well with paste.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes, until chicken becomes tender and the gravy thickens.
Step 4 - Cook coconut and kaffir lime leaves, then season
Wait till oil surfaces, then add in the coconut and kaffir lime leaves.Coconut milk is known tobe high in fatty acids which helps build muscle and loses fats.
Season to taste with salt and sugar, add more sugar if too spicy.
Let it simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes till gravy thickens.You can store leftover beef rendang for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Curries and stews taste better when kept after cooking to develop more flavor over time.
Plate and Serve!
Transfer curry to serving bowl or dish and garnish with finely sliced turmeric leaves and large redchili slices. Serve hot.