Warm your mind, body and soul with a beautiful bowl of fish porridge!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Chop and fry dried shrimps
- Chop drained dried shrimps.
- In a pot on high heat, heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil.
- Fry chopped dried shrimps and ginger for 1 minute, until fragrant.
Step 2 - Make porridge
- To the same pot on medium-low heat, mix in jasmine rice and fish stock.
- Stir well and let it cook for 35 minutes.
You can also use a rice cooker to cook rice down to a porridge consistency.
Step 3 - Fry garlic
- In a pan on medium-low heat, heat up 5 Tbsp vegetable oil and fry garlic for 3 to 5 minutes until crispy. Set aside.
Step 4 - Deep-fry salted fish
- In a separate pot, heat up enough vegetable oil for deep-frying. Once oil is hot enough, deep-fry salted fish for 1 minute until crispy. Set aside.
Step 5 - Add seabass slices to porridge
- To the porridge, add in seabass slices and let it cook for another 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Substitute sea bass with red snapper or batang.
Plate and serve!
Transfer fish porridge into serving bowls and garnish with salted fish, fried garlic and spring onions. Serve hot.