Fragrant Fried Prawns
Prawns cooked to perfection, coated with a fragrant sweet and spicy sauce. Definitely finger lickin’ good!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Make the marinade
- In a bowl, mix together 1½ Tbsp oyster sauce, egg, 3 Tbsps of cornstarch and a pinch of salt.
Step 2 - Marinade the prawns
- In a bowl, mix the prawns with the marinade and set aside for 15 minutes.
Step 3 - Deep-fry prawns
- Deep-fry the marinated prawns until golden brown and drain on kitchen paper.
Step 4 - Cook the sauce
In a separate wok, heat 1 Tbsp of oil and sauté sliced lemongrass, sliced torch ginger bud and sliced chili padi until fragrant.
Add 2 Tbsps of tom yam paste, ¼ cup of water, 1 Tsp of honey, 3 Tbsp of chili sauce, 2 Tbsp of sugar, 2 Tbsp of vinegar and canned tomato sauce. Season with salt and stir well.
Step 5 - Mix prawns in sauce
- Add in prawns and mix thoroughly.
Step 6 - Stir in mayonnaise and lime leaves
- Remove from heat and stir in 1½ Tbsp of mayonnaise and 3 finely sliced kaffir lime leaves.
Garnish and Serve!
Garnish with finely sliced kaffir lime leaves and serve hot.