Fried Kuey Teow
A popular noodle dish in Southeast Asia, it translates to fried flat rice noodles. Enjoy this dish with succulent prawns, crunchy bean sprouts and sweet Chinese sausages!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Mix seasoning
- In a mixing bowl, add 5 Tbsp light soy sauce, 1 ½ Tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 ½ Tsp fish sauce, 1 Tbsp sugar, and 1 Tsp white pepper. Mix well, then set aside.
Step 2 - Fry char kway teow
- In a pan on high heat, add 3 Tbsp vegetable oil. When hot, add garlic and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add prawns, lupcheong and fish cakes and stir well.
- Add bean sprouts, stir-fry for 10 seconds then add in noodles. Move ingredients to the sideof the pan.
- Add eggs to the empty part of the pan and lightly scramble. Stir-fry and mix well until eggs are well incorporated with the noodles.
- Add seasoning and mix well, then add in ku chye and mix well. Remove from heat after 30 seconds. Goes especially well with sambal belacan on the side.
Plate and serve!