Garlic Chicken Fried Rice
Simple and easy fragrant garlic fried rice with minced chicken and tender mushrooms!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Mix the sauce
- Stir 3 Tbsp Japanese soy sauce, 2 Tbsp sugar and 4 Tbsp water together, until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
Step 2 - Stir-fry garlic
- In a pan on medium heat, heat up 3 Tbsp vegetable oil. Stir-fry garlic for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
Step 3 - Stir-fry chicken
- Add minced chicken and fry for 3 minutes, until cooked through.
Step 4 - Add shiitake mushrooms
- Once chicken is cooked, add shiitake mushroom slices and mix well.
Step 5 - Fry rice
*Toss in cooked rice and sauce.
- Mix well and stir-fry for another 3 minutes until mushrooms is cooked and rice takes on color. It is best to use leftover rice from the night before. As refrigerated rice loses its moisture content, your fried rice won’t be too mushy and wet, resulting in better texture.
Step 6 - Toss in spring onions
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the spring onions, reserving 1 Tbsp for garnish.
Plate and Serve!
Transfer garlic fried rice into serving plate and garnish with the reserved spring onions and large red chili slices. Serve hot.