Ginger Beef Stir Fried Noodles
Cantonese-style noodles stir-fried with ginger and beef are widely popular in Singapore and Malaysia. This dish is sometimes known as Daging Goreng Halia Cara Cantonese Mee
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Slice and sear beef
- Slice beef as thin as possible and add 1 tsp baking powder. Mix well and leave for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, rinse beef with water and pat dry. Season with ½ tsp white pepper, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp brown sugar.
- In a hot pan, add in 2 Tbsp vegetable oil. Add in slice beef and stir fry for 2 minutes or until caramelized and brown.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
Step 2 - Cook noodles
- In a small pot, add enough water to boil noodles.
- Bring to a boil and blanch wonton noodles and remove when noodles are al dente.
- Strain and add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a bowl, crack two eggs and add a bit of water to make it runny and lightly beat.
- Set aside for later
Plate and serve!
Transfer to serving plate or dish and serve hot.