This hearty Filipino pork tomato stew is fragrant and wholesome in every way. Perfect for sharing with family and friends!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Stir-fry minced pork with garlic
- In a pan on medium-high heat, heat up 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and stir-fry minced pork for 5 to 7 minutes until pork turns brown.
- Once browned and cooked through, push minced pork to the side of the pan and add in garlic and yellow onions to the other side of the pan.
- Stir-fry garlic and yellow onions for 1 minute before mixing in together with minced pork.
- Let it fry for 2 minutes.
Step 2 - Add vegetables and beef stock to make stew
- To the same pan, add in potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and beef stock.
- Bring to it to a boil before reducing to medium-low heat.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes until potatoes and carrots are cooked.
Plate and serve!
Transfer stew into serving dish or bowl and serve hot.