Golden Crisp Prawns with Curry Leaves
Recipe courtesy of Martin Yan
- Place the salted egg yolks into a dish and steam for 15 minutes on high setting, until thoroughly cooked. Mash with a fork and allow to cool.
- Marinate the prawns with salt and white pepper.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs. Then combine it with the prawns.
- In a separate bowl, add the corn flour and rice flour. Mix it well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan till hot, the dip the prawns in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the vegetable oil till hot and fry prawns in batches for 1-2 mins till golden - but do not overcook. Drain the prawns.
- In a separate skillet, heat butter and oil mixture, then sauté garlic, chili and curry leaves for about for 30 seconds.
- Add the salted egg yolks and stir till creamy, then put in the prawns and sugar. Toss to coat, turn off heat and dish up.
- To serve, arrange salad of lettuce and tomatoes, then lay the prawns all around the vegetables, reserving a few on the bed of sliced lettuce. Garnish with red chili and fried curry leaves.