Green Curry Baked Rice
Beef green curry rice, smothered with melty cheesy goodness, what more could you ask for?
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Stir-fry beef
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a pan on high heat, heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and stir-fry minced beef for 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked. You can also substitute minced beef with minced chicken
- Add garlic and 1 Tbsp fish sauce. Stir-fry until well combined. For a vegetarian option, you can replace meats with carrots and fish sauce with salt
Step 2 - Add coconut milk and green curry paste
- Pour in coconut milk and 3 Tbsp green curry paste and stir until curry thickens.
- Mix cooked rice into the curry and stir to combine. Take the pan off the heat. Season with salt if needed.
Step 3 - Bake curry rice
- Using the unsalted butter, butter the baking dish and place green curry rice into the dish.
- Scatter a layer of cheese on the top of the green curry rice and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Garnish and serve
Once baked, carefully remove from oven and serve hot.