Green Curry Spaghettini
Spice up your cooking game with this Thai and Italian fusion dish! Pasta coated in a rich and creamy green curry, topped with fried beef bits. Perfect for both family or a date night!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Blend into green curry spice paste
- In a blender, blend lemongrass, large green chili, chili padi, Thai basil, garlic, shallots, galangal, kaffir lime zest, coriander roots, roasted coriander seed, roasted cumin, roasted white peppercorns, belacan, 1 tsp salt and 50 ml water.
Step 2 - Make green curry sauce
- In a pan on medium-high heat, fry green curry spice paste for 2 minutes before adding 2 cups of water and kaffir lime leaves.
- Let it simmer on medium-low heat for 10 mins.
Step 3 - Add coconut cream and eggplants
- In the same pan, add coconut cream and cubed eggplants and continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
Step 4 - Boil pasta
- In a pot of boiling water, cook spaghettini in with 1 Tbsp salt according to packet instructions.
- Drain and mix in 2 Tbsp olive oil. Set aside. Adding oil to cooked pasta prevents it from sticking to each other.
Step 5 - Cook pasta in green curry sauce
- In a pan on medium-high heat, heat up 2 Tbsp olive oil and sauté minced garlic and large red chili for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add shredded chicken, cooked spaghettini and green curry sauce.
- Toss well and let it cook on high heat for 1-2 minutes to quickly reduce liquid.
Plate, garnish and serve!
Transfer green curry pasta on serving plate and garnish with Thai basil leaves. Serve hot.