Grilled Chicken Tikka
An easy, boneless chicken version of the Indian dish tandoori chicken. Try this flavorful Punjabi dish at home!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Coat chicken thighs
- In a large bowl, combine chicken thighs, lemon juice and salt. Toss until the chicken is well coated.
Step 2 - Make marinade
- In another bowl, combine yogurt, almonds, ginger, garlic, paprika, garam masala, turmeric, pepper and cayenne.
- Mix well and pour over the chicken.
- oss and coat the chicken evenly.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge to marinate for 4 hours up to overnight.
Step 3 - Remove chicken from refrigerator and grill
Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking time.
Leave it till it becomes room temperature.
While the chicken is coming to room temperature, preheat oven to 300°C
On a baking tray, stick two or three pieces of chicken on each bamboo skewer.For easier clean up, lay baking paper over the tray, then put the chicken skewers on baking paper
Insert tray into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.For more color, use a blowtorch or your gas stove to char the chicken slightly after it comes out from the oven