with Garlic Chili Oil
Craving calamari? Try out this tasty squid recipe, with garlic and chili for a zing!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Prepare potato
- Peel potatoes and cut into coins.
- Blanch for 2 minutes then strain dry. Set aside.
Step 2 - Marinate, steam and grill squid
- Cut open the squid and lay flat. Using a sharp knife, score the squid.
- Rub salt and pepper into the squid and steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove and grill on a pan on high heat, until slightly charred. Set aside. Bake, sauté or grill squid as a healthier option – it’s lower in saturated fat and sodium as compared to frying
Step 3 - Fry ingredients
- In the same pan, add ¼ cup olive oil. On medium heat, stir-fry potato coins until lightly browned.
- Add chili padi, garlic, spring onion, reserving 1 tsp for garnish, and continue to fry for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Lay potato coins flat on the dish, place squid on top and drizzle with garlic chili oil.
Garnish and serve
Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.